Winter / Spring
Aurora-viewing [A] - For First-night
Aurora Village is the best place to experience the beauty & wonder of the Aurora Borealis. Join us in our picturesque Teepee Village & watch the Aurora dance in the sky across the wilderness of the Northwest Territories. In addition you can add extra nights at a discount to increase your chance to see Aurora.
The Aurora Viewing Tour begins with a journey along the ‘Aurora Hunting’ Ingraham trail to Aurora Village. We escape the crowds and tour buses to our world-class facility for Aurora viewing. After we arrive at the Village we follow along the dim lantern lit paths to our Teepee for the evening. Wood Fires burning upon arrival, we welcome the warmth of our Teepees from the (sometimes extreme) cold. This gives us a sheltered place to enjoy the evening when the Aurora is not on display and to warm up with hot chocolate, coffee and tea.
Following a brief orientation, you can walk around our spacious property to find your perfect aurora viewing location using the Teepee as a base. The Village is sheltered from the subarctic wind by a beautiful forest – with groomed trails leading up to surrounding panorama hills for a secluded and clear viewing of the stunning display from mother nature. Guests will be wowed by the Aurora Borealis dancing overhead and we have everything they need to enjoy the experience…
* Wheelchair Access – See our website for more details
- Round-trip transportation from downtown Yellowknife with hotel pickup.
- Approx. 4 hrs Aurora Viewing (Extensions available)
- Warm Teepees with Log Fire Wood Stoves
- Hot Beverages.
- Photography tips and tricks.
- Nightly Ice Show*
- Language Specific Guides (English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese)
- A cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled two (2) days or less before tour.
- A cancellation fee of 10% applies to all cancelled bookings.