Aurora Viewing & Summer Activities
Aurora Summer Package
Begin your experience in Yellowknife and head out to Aurora Village to enjoy the stunning landscape of the NWT. Take a guided walk on the back trails of Aurora Village to learn about the flora and fauna that people of this land have used for centuries. Our cultural hiking experience takes you on a journey into the woods at Aurora Village, you’ll learn about the local traditions of the land and the wildlife and flora of the area.
The Aurora Viewing Tour begins with a journey along the ‘Aurora Hunting’ Ingraham trail to Aurora Village. We escape the crowds and tour buses to our world-class facility for Aurora viewing. After we arrive at the Village we follow along the dim lantern lit paths to our Teepee for the evening. Wood Fires burning upon arrival, we welcome the warmth of our Teepees from the (sometimes extreme) cold. This gives us a sheltered place to enjoy the evening when the Aurora is not on display and to warm up with hot chocolate, coffee and tea.
Following a brief orientation, you can walk around our spacious property to find your perfect aurora viewing location using the Teepee as a base. The Village is sheltered from the subarctic wind by a beautiful forest – with groomed trails leading up to surrounding panorama hills for a secluded and clear viewing of the stunning display from mother nature. Guests will be wowed by the Aurora Borealis dancing overhead and we have everything they need to enjoy the experience…
For people that want that extra comfort you can upgrade to our custom built heated seats. Cosy up inside these specially designed seats with 360° swivel – giving views from all angles to enjoy the show. There is a photographer on hand in our Village Gift Shop where we provide tips and tricks for the perfect Aurora photo. If you bring your own camera we also rent tripods. The Gift Shop is stocked with locally harvested goods, crafts, syrups, teas, art and souvenirs we also have an incredible range of Aurora Photography for you to choose from and take home. And don’t worry, we have very warm, spacious, and well-lit washrooms for maximum comfort!
* Wheelchair Access – See our website for more details
- Round-trip transportation from downtown Yellowknife with hotel pickup.
- Cultural Hiking Tour
- Bannock (Damper) over the fire
- Transport along the Aurora ‘Hunting’ Ingraham trail.
- Approx. 4 hrs Aurora Viewing (Extensions available)
- Warm Teepees with Log Fire Wood Stoves
- Hot Beverages.
- Photography tips and tricks.
- Language Specific Guides (English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese)
- A cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled two (2) days or less before tour.
- A cancellation fee of 10% applies to all cancelled bookings.