TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS
Aurora Village is committed to ensuring we work with our customers when plans change. We understand that things may happen that will affect your travel plans and we are here to help. We work with our customers to ensure any change in plans can be adjusted where possible and travel dates changed if permitted.
1. All prices per person in Canadian dollars, subject to GST. All major credit cards, Alipay and cash are accepted.
2. All tours require a minimum of two persons to operate unless otherwise specified.
3. Bookings can be accepted until 5 pm on the previous day.
4. Cancellations received before 5 pm one day prior to tour result in a 50% charge, and 100% for cancellations received after 5 pm the day before, or on the same day as the tour when you book at local tour desk.
5. Departure time from your hotel may vary. Please confirm the departure time when booking.
6. Weather and unforeseen circumstances may force the cancellation of tours.
7. No refunds are given if Aurora was not visible.
8. All activities undertaken at Aurora Village will be at your own risk.
9. For individual ‘Optional’ tour – Cancellations, after payment settled, received up to 5 pm two (2) days prior to tour date, will be charged 10% of the tour fee, received one (1) day before will be 50% and cancellations after 5 pm one (1) day prior to or a no show on the tour date are 100% non-refundable.
10. For ‘Package’ tours – If package is cancelled up to 15 days prior to arrival date, $100 administrative fee will be charged and the balance is fully refunded. If cancelled 14 to 8 days prior to arrival date, 50% of the tour fare is charged, and 50% is refunded. If cancelled 7 to 3 days prior to arrival date, 75% of the tour fare is charged, and 25% is refunded. If cancelled within 2 days of arrival, including the same day or no-show, 100% is charged, and there will be no refund. Once the tour started, any portion of your purchase is not refundable nor replaceable.
The Cancellation Fee will apply in all cases where a tour is able to run. For example, if you are unable to reach a tour due to an “act of God” (for example a road is cut off due to flooding) the normal Cancellation Fee will apply if the tour still runs in your absence or would have run but for your absence. If a tour or other travel service is cancelled by the Service Provider, we will refund you the amount paid for the tour or other travel service less a 10% administration fee (“Admin Fee”).
If your tour relying on any other service suppliers that have different cancellation terms, and is on a case by case basis. Please note that in the case of Natural Disasters (eg flood, fire, cyclone, etc) many service providers do not offer any refund, hence we cannot provide a refund to you. Again, we strongly recommend Travel Insurance to cover this situation.
If your booking includes airport transfers Aurora Village meets all arriving and departing Air Canada and Westjet flights.
Any changes to travel plans due to the delay or cancellations of flights we will try and accommodate into our schedule as best we can.
However, Aurora Village accepts no responsibility for travel arrangements affected due to flight delays, cancellations or changes.
These are out of our control and all cancellation fees, as well as terms and conditions, will apply as specified.
We always do our best to maximise Aurora Viewing time and we will assist travellers as best we can on a case by case basis.
Did you Know?
When you tour with us for three nights of aurora-viewing you have roughly a 95-percent chance of seeing the aurora at least once and if you make it four its almost 100% (we do the numbers).
Read on for more Terms and conditions below then you will see a link for learning more about Aurora and our Tours.
We can provide information to you about travel insurance should you require it. It is your personal responsibility to purchase travel insurance to cover any liability which may be incurred to us or a Service Provider and other travel misadventures that you wish to be insured against. We recommend that you source travel insurance with a low excess payment, to make claiming on cancelled tours worthwhile.
We endeavour to package tours that will meet your expectations. However, we take no responsibility for any matters that arise with regard to or during individual tours or arrangements with individual Service Providers.
We appreciate your feedback, whether complaints, compliments or suggestions. However, to the extent permitted by law we will not be responsible to you for any loss, expense or damage that you may suffer during any particular tour, accommodation or travel, no matter the cause that is not operated by us.
It is your responsibility to advise us and the service providers of any pre-existing condition, medical or otherwise, that may affect your travel. Examples include disabilities of any kind, ear, nose and throat problems, and allergies to food or other items.
“Ticket(s)” or “voucher(s)” with booked travel dates: It is your responsibility to ensure you check the dates on your ticket and that they are correct. You must redeem your “ticket(s)” or “voucher(s)” on the dates booked. If you wish to change these dates you must normally organise it us directly, with adequate notice. Fees may apply. You must reconfirm all booked dates 48 hours prior to travel (minimum guide only) or in the manner stated on your voucher. If applicable, dietary requirements should also be confirmed/reconfirmed at this time.
Open dated tickets: You must book your travel dates in advance with us or the individual Service Provider as per details provided on your “ticket(s)” or “voucher(s)”.
We endeavour to package the best value tours available at the best prices. However, we take no responsibility for price fluctuations arising from changes in the prices charged by Service Providers occurring before final payment. Accordingly, the price of your travel is subject to change until such time as you pay for the travel in full.
Many tours have extra costs and you should be aware that there may be added expenses if items are not included in your package. These expenses will differ for each Service Provider but some of the more usual extras are: Winter Clothing Hire, Luggage storage, Heated Seats upgrades, Photography Equipment Hire, Food, Insurance, Accommodation, or Aurora Viewing Extensions. We will alert you to extra costs to the extent reasonably practicable. However, you must also check with each individual Service Provider when you confirm your ticket.
PASSPORT VISA and IMMIGRATION
It is your responsibility to fulfil the passport, visa and other immigration requirements for all transiting and stopover destinations applicable to your itinerary. You should confirm these with these with the relevant High commissions, embassies and/ or consulates. We do not accept any responsibility in the case of you being unable to travel due to not complying with any such requirements. Your passport may have to be valid for 6 month beyond your return date for many countries.
TRAVEL ADVICE and VACCINATIONS
Check all travel advice from your Country of origin as required.
If you contact us we will collect the email address you nominate and any other identifying information you provide, such as a name or phone number. Please do not give us other personal or sensitive information.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity or serious threats to health and safety, we do not share your Personal Information with other agencies. If you ask us about an issue that needs to be dealt with by another agency, we will provide you with the necessary details to make contact yourself.
We recommend that you send any correspondence our way via our contact page. However you may also contact us on +1 (867) 669 0006 or using your preferred messaging service or by post.
You can write to us at:
4709 Franklin Ave, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P4
Or on: PO Box 1827, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P4